Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Never again....

I made lunch for some friends yesterday. This is not unusual.
I used a new recipe that I was fairly excited about. It was an Italian Bread Soup.

It sounded so good. It had Cabbage, Kale, Bacon, Bread, Cheese, and Sardines in it. It smelled delicious cooking.

Imagine how mad I was to discover that with every bite I hated it more and more. I was surrounded by people who seemed to enjoy it. For me there was something in the texture that grossed me out, and then something else, but I can't quite put my finger on what it was.

Something about this dish made me want to punch it in the face though. Not a good feeling.
Luckily there was a delicious fruit dessert that followed and later later brownies!
1/2 pint blueberries
1 pint blackberries
1 banana
3 clementines, segmented
1/2 cup of slivered almonds
1 can coconut milk
1 box of instant vanilla pudding

Mix together and put into pretty bowls or cups!

Needless to say, I will never ever make bread soup ever again.

No comments:

Post a Comment