Thursday, August 16, 2012

Announcement and Spinach cheese bread

In the last week or so I've had several people tell me that I needed to get serious about my cooking! I have decided to step up my blogging and head down a path of writing a cook book. And yesterday as I reflected on turning 28, gosh, I realized that this is something I want to do! I want to do it for myself, but more than that for my daughter! I want her to know that if she puts her mind to it she can do it! I also want to teach her that healthy eating is a life style choice that doesn't have to be boring or flavorless!

The recipes will be about good yummy food that you will want to eat! It will not be chalk full of all kinds of crazy or exotic ingredients. I buy all of my ingredients at Homeland. If it's not there it's not here! However if you would like to send me a challenge to use an ingredient, I wouldn't say no!

Spinach Cheese Bread 
for HC

1 1/2 cups almond flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp each of: garlic powder, minced onion, chili powder, italian seasoning, salt
2 eggs
1/3 cup olive oil or vegetable oil
1 cup frozen spinach (thaw overnight then squeeze dry)
1/4 cup of cottage cheese
2-3 tbls  of room temp water

Preheat your oven to 325*
Oil your pan

Mix all of your dry ingredients together. In a separate bowl, beat the eggs and oil together. Stir the wet into the dry until combined. Now add the spinach and cheese! Stir.
At this point your bread batter may look super thick, if so add 1tbls of water at a time to thin it out.
Pour the batter into the pan, and smooth the top.
Bake for 30-45 minutes

You will know it's done when the top is firm to the touch!


This is seriously delicious! It's also gluten free and slow-carb friendly!


No comments:

Post a Comment