Friday, August 17, 2012

A sweet Variation!

So last night at 10:30, after I put baby girl to bed, I got an over whelming craving for something sweet! I like to call these cravings the mid-nighties! They are the ones that after you have done a couple of days of eating to be proud of, and you are feeling really good about yourself, hit like a freaking ton of bricks! I know you know what I'm talking about!
It's the kind of craving that if someone told you to eat  a turtle first to get the doughnut you would definitely consider doing it. Yeah You Know!

I decided that instead of a doughnut I would eat this:
It's the same recipe as yesterday-- omit savory for sweet! I added 3/4 cup ideal no calorie sweetener, 1/2 cup of coconut, 1/4 cup  really good dark chocolate (like the 90% kind), 1/2 cup chopped nuts, 1/2 tsp vanilla, 1/4 tsp almond extract, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 3-6 tbls of unsweetened almond milk instead of water at the end!

The perfect healthy midnight snack!

It was super delicious. I plan on taking some to my mom, so I have to hurry and do that before it's all gone. You know because I ate it....all!

No comments:

Post a Comment