Tuesday, June 29, 2010

For Tricia McSwain! The Baked BEANS!

I can not take credit for this recipe. I got it off of a Paula Deen!
"I been known to lick a stick (of butter)!" -Paula Deen

This recipe she actually got from another enthusiastic fan, actually TWO other fans. When I first decided to do this recipe I couldn't remember their names, So..., I kinda made up my own. I have made it vegetarian and meatetarian (sorry I couldn't help it), and both ways are big fat hits! 

Let me do the basic vegetarian way!

2 28oz cans of Bushes vegetarian baked bean
1 big bag of fried onions + 1 can of fried onions
1 c. of Molasses
1 c. of Barbecue sauce
1 8oz can of crushed pinapple
I also like to add in veggies with this one: bell peppers, carrots, you could put in whatever veg  you like! Actually the next time I make it I'm going to add raisins and see how that goes over!

Mix all ingredients reserving the 1 can of fried onions. Remember to taste! Adjust the taste with salt and pepper!
Put into a preheated 450* oven covered with foil. Bake for 30 minutes or until the beans are bubbling! Pull the beans out and remove foil. Sprinkle the 1 can of onions over the top and bake for 10 more minutes!

Now you are ready for a cook out!


Meat version:

2 28 oz cans of Bushes baked beans
1 lb of pepper bacon
1 cup of molasses
1 cup of bbq sauce
1 bag +1 can of fried onions
1 8oz can of crushed pineapple

Same instructions as above, but 1 extra step. Fry the bacon, crush it, and put half in the bowl. Mix the other half with the 1 can of onions and reserve for the top of the beans!




This is not my photograph, but this is what they look like!

and because I will not post probably until after the 4th! Happy Independence Day! I hope you make some very special memories with the ones you love!

No comments:

Post a Comment